Optimising your sports marketing campaign.
Why is Sports Marketing Important?
When thinking about sports in general, marketing campaigns probably aren’t the first thing that comes to mind. Sporting clubs and events generally perform well due to the loyalty of their fans, so some people may think a marketing campaign isn’t necessary as you’re almost always guaranteed customers – but this couldn’t be further from the truth.
So, what is sports marketing?
There are many ways fans can consume sports – buying tickets, watching games, wearing merchandise. As there are multiple aspects of sports to invest yourself in, marketing campaigns are essential to ensure that both old and new fans know about everything your club has to offer.
Here are some of our top tips that you can start implementing today to improve your sports marketing strategies:
- Incentives: Offering incentives such as 20% off, competitions, or giveaways can hugely help sports clubs. 90% of internet users are more likely to provide their email address for an incentive, meaning you can then use their emails to retarget them later down the line with relevant ads.
- Survey Existing Fans: Fan loyalty is extremely high when it comes to sports clubs. Loyal customers are six times more likely to buy products, take part in offers, and recommend your brand to others, so getting the opinions of these customers is essential to improving your strategy altogether. The best way to make sure you’re engaging with fans in a meaningful way is to ask them what they want to see.
- Email Marketing: When users sign up to an email list, they are expressing a desire to receive updates from you. These users are much more likely to open your emails than cold contacts, so use them to your advantage. Email marketing can bring you up to 40 times more new customers than Facebook or Twitter.
- Behind the Scenes: Sports clubs fans are extremely loyal, so why not treat them to some behind-the-scenes footage? This kind of content has an air of exclusivity, which creates excitement amongst fans. As well as this, it helps build a connection. When fans have access to aspects of your club usually reserved for players, it helps build a trusting bond between fan and club that only nurtures their likelihood to make conversions.
- Live Updates: Posting updates as games unfold is a great way to spark discussion between fans. Twitter is the best platform for this due to its chatty nature and its ‘trending topics’ feature. Tweeting images of notable moments within the game will also boost engagement as tweets with images tend to get 150% more retweets than regular tweets.
These are some quick and easy sports marketing requirements to elevate your online presence, but Crunch can help you go further.
We can show you how to market a sports event to guarantee results. We are a full-service digital agency that can put your products and services in front of the right audiences, at the right time, on the right platform. We are helping sports clubs across the country achieve more brand awareness, continuous ticket and kit sales, and better lead generation.
- SEO – Dominate the first page of Google organically.
- Pay-Per-Click – delivering outstanding performance with measurable success.
- Social – We will find the best channels for your messaging to help increase your likes, follows, and interactions.
- Programmatic – We get the mix of people, time, and place just right to achieve an incredible response.
- Technical – We can measure the entire user journey across your campaigns to track measurable success.
- Creative – Showcase your business better with eye-catching ads made by our Creative Designers.
By implementing clever digital marketing across the best platforms, we can target your existing fans as well as new fans to generate more business, revenue, and profit.
Could your sports club benefit from a top-of-the-line digital strategy? Get in touch today to start setting up a slam dunk digital marketing strategy.