– Join Us
Job Vacancy: Finance Assistant
Company: Crunch Digital Media
Job title: Finance Assistant
Location: Swansea, Cardiff or Bristol
The purpose of the Finance Assistant/Business Operations Assistant is to facilitate and record the day-to-day financial transactions of the company as well as to provide support and to act as back-up to the Media Division Head of Finance, where required.
Crunch is a successful Google-certified, specialist digital media agency. We love exploring new technology that can give our clients the edge as well as growing our strengths in ‘traditional’ advertising and branding. Ultimately, we are a people business. There are around sixty of us all in all. Our size allows us to stay agile, embrace new ideas and treat one another as individuals. If you want to work with big-name clients without any big-agency bureaucracy, it’s a great place to be.
Key responsibilities & duties
- Process purchase orders, invoices and credits, using Xero and follow up with clients, suppliers and partners as needed including credit control
- Collect and enter data for various financial spreadsheets e.g., bonus/commission pay-outs
- Reconcile the bank accounts to Xero
- Record, monitor and report on Cashflow
- Review and process tax payments
- Collect information, pass for review and make payroll and bonus payments for employees
- Assist Head of Finance in creating financial reports, including Accruals, Prepayments and intercompany reconciliations
- Answer questions and provide assistance to staff, stakeholders, and clients as needed
- Liaise with other departments to improve performance and work efficiency
- Compile and update internal operation procedures documents as needed.
- Assist with the administration in connection with recruitment and HR
- Reviewing/re-issuing/chasing contracts with contractors/freelancers
- Perform general office administrative and clerical duties.
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience of Xero or any similar online finance package
- GCSE or equivalent Mathematics Grade C or above
- GCSE or equivalent English Language Grade C or above
- Part Qualified Accountant desirable – AAT/CIMA/ACCA
- Competent user of Microsoft Office, with strong Excel skills
- Business Administration experience
- Proven experience working in a commercial environment with experience of credit control.